Wednesday 21 September 2011

Phycology-self-affirmation?

In Psychology, it is a well known fact that one can change oneself thru self-affirmation . Some experts believe that the self-affirmations to the subconscious mind is best done in an “already achieved mode”. For example, a student who is weak in mathematics and wish to improve on it should say the self-affirmations as “I am excellent at mathematics”. This is so that the subconscious mind is set with the positive intended goal and thus will program the whole body with the message .But the question is that such self-affirmation is not the truth(or not the truth yet) and will be against one’s own conscience .Would it not better to make the affirmation in the present as “I am getting better and better in mathematics”? What is your comment? Please state whatever evidences or experiences that you know as well.
Phycology-self-affirmation?
Check out Dr. Wayne Dyers book, The Power of Intention. It is great.



Everything I have ever learned about intention instructs you to think from the end. To assume you are already where you want to be. For instance, 8 years ago, I had NO self esteem. I told myself over and over again that I was a hot girl, people loved to be near me and I was confident. When in all reality it wasn't very true. I was cute, didn't have many friends and strangers didn't talk to me and I was NOT confident! But within 2 months, it worked out to be true. I was getting attention from guys and strangers all over the place and I was no longer shy and uncomfortable.



Now, I see what you are saying about mathmetics. You may not be gifted in math, but to tell yourself that you are completely changes your mindset and opens yourself to the answers better than thinking you'll never get it. Words and thoughts have vibrations that go out and whether they are good or bad, you'll get it back no matter what. So telling yourself that you are great at math, just might open the door to someone walking into your life that is great at it and can tutor you. See?



Be open to the possibilities that affirmations can have. The last thing I would say is DO NOT DOUBT the affirmation when you are saying it. Even if it is not possible to fathom with the ego-mind.