Wednesday 21 September 2011

HELP!!! My SISTER is treating me like she's my MOM!?

Okay, so I'm 15 years old. I have 3 older sisters, one's 26, one's 23, and one's 19. The 23 year old graduated from college about 2 years ago and has been living at home since then, while she's applying to medical school. The 26 year old is married and lives in Boston. The 19 year old is in college and comes home every wknd. So it's just my mom %26amp; dad, me %26amp; my 23 year old sister, who's name is Sarah. So, all of us have noticed that Sarah has been snappy for a while, but my mom %26amp; dad kind of just let it go, bc they think she's just stressed about getting into med school. What they don't realize, is that since she can't snap at my mom or dad, or any of my other sisters bc they aren't at home that much, she's left with me to put her moodswings on. Now, at first it was bearable, bc she would just say little things that weren't that nice, but I'd just let it go. But then she started getting bossy. Which, I'm used to being bossed, I'm the youngest in the family, I don't mind it. But when she bossed it was about things in MY life. For example, she's comment on how I acted or things I did in my life everyday, saying how I should change my habits. And the things she commented on weren't even of concern to my mom, it wasn't like I was doing things that were out of place or something. And my 19 yr-old sister even noticed it, when she came home on the wknds, so I knew I wasn't just imagining it. So, I tried to just lay off of the things I said to Sarah, bc it was like if I said anything that she could take as an insult, even if it was a joke and my other sisters wouldn't be offended by it, then she would just go off on me. It helped a little, but not for long. So, I confronted her about it.I said she was acting like she was my mother. And she slapped me. Haha, if that doesn't prove my point, what does, right? And I'd told my mom about how she bossed me around before, but she didn't used to believe me, bc I was the younger one. Afer my sister slapped me i told my mom and finally to did believe me. So, after that, my sister did stop bossing me around mostly. But I don't think I'll ever forget that she slapped me, especially since the reason why she slapped me was so inexcusable. But recently, it's started again. She's bossing me around, she always has bad mood swings. PLEASE HELP ME! WHAT DO I DO????????????/


HELP!!! My SISTER is treating me like she's my MOM!?
mmm... I know y'all are in the same house...but just do your best to stay out of her way. Play in your room or outside. If your other sisters are home, stay with them. After a while she'll come to you and she'll be much nicer!
HELP!!! My SISTER is treating me like she's my MOM!?
relax, then just pretend that she is mom.



say %26quot;yes mom%26quot; when she is bossing. and maybe you 2 will argue. so maybe you don't need to follow this.
dude, don't put up with her crap, if it was me she slapped i woulda punched her lights out, sister or not, stand up for yourself, don't let her walk over you like that or it will keep happening
Tell your Mom again what is going on. Do not argue with your sister. When she starts up leave the room get away from her. When you argue with people all you are doing is hurting each others feelings and saying and doing things you would not normally do.



You might tell your sister she owes you an apology for slapping you. Better yet try this write your sister a letter telling her how you feel sometimes a visual can help. Include in your letter that you love her and you want the two of you get along. It can't hurt anything to try.



I promisee this situation will get better time will cure it.