Wednesday 21 September 2011

Hello. I just wrote a poem. Hope you like it!?

A Sacrifice



His eyes were once blue

Like the color of the sea



He made a gleam

A twinkle in one’s heart



But as time went by

He changed you see



He was no longer a friend

But an enemy



The hatred that filled within his eyes

Reddish flame and dark blue



Combined together he became

Someone that was a whole new person



Tears run down my cheek

For that sadness that made our friendship weak



Praying and trying to make things better

But nothing worked



Then one day

On all hollows eve



The Satin came

To take my enemy



The Devil sucked his soul right out

And I just could not bear to see



I told the evil spirit to take me instead

It was just impossible to sacrifice my ally



Not after what we have all been through



The times we shared

And the times we have spent



In my heart I did not want him or I to go

But my mind told me to just depart



I called to him

My friend who I held so dear



“Please forgive me!”

I hope this path I take will clear



The problems we have made through these years



And the memories we embellished

Will be saved in his head



As I walk the path to the living and to the dead
Hello. I just wrote a poem. Hope you like it!?
i love it so much you have talent
Hello. I just wrote a poem. Hope you like it!?
Deep and descriptive.
You know, that's not too bad..it would make a good song.
very good iam going to copy it later if i dont loose it on here i realy like it
i like it
wow. that was really interesting! it kind of creeped me out when you started talking about the devil, though.
I LOVE IT! good job!!!
good stuff. I feel your pain, but be grateful you were able to share the good times. anything negative can turn into a positive with gratitude.
thats very good u should submit it to poetry.com they copyright it and send u some important info through the mail pls try it u will be glad u did they publish it also
Love is not sacrifice!



Death is easy for anyone, but living with pain(lost love) is hard.



Your poem shows that you are lost with emotions...get some fresh air!



Take care

-:)
Right nice sweetie.
wow, good
sad and powerful, but not depressing. great poem.
You've got good points and a good story but poor structure.



Your verse is fine, but you need to choose: will I rhyme or not?



For example:



But as time went by

He changed you see



He was no longer a friend

But an enemy



Those are both forced and sound juvenile, like they were thrown together for the sake of the rhyme. Put words together for the words.



Or you can go the other path and rhyme everything. In that case, though, you probably want a sturcture of syllables.



I say make it free verse, no rhyme. I like you're couplets and your ending, that's strong. Change %26quot;The problems we have made through the years%26quot;, though- that's out of place.



Good work!
you are very talented. deep and dark. i liked it tho.